Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (LPN)SUMMARY OF PRIMARY DUTIES:Reporting to the Director, Treatment Services and Director of Nursing, this position has the responsibility to carry out the established medical detoxification procedures, including the oversight of dispensing all prescribed medications. In addition the nurse will provide health related support for all inpatient residents
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carry out the established medical RADD detoxification procedures, including the oversight of dispensing all prescribed medications and conducting a basic health assessment.
- Provide health related support for all residential clients.
- Assist in the client assessment by conducting basic health assessments.
- Maintain appropriate record keeping especially related to medications.
- Provide first aid and CPR when required.
- Responsible for maintaining a healthy & safe environment at all times through the performance of their duties
- Perform any additional duties as assigned
- 3- 5 years of work experience in medical field, behavior health field experience is a plus
- RN or LPN degree in nursing
- Ability to effectively work in team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships
- Ability to work with and supervise others
- Prior experience with substance abuse care and treatment is a plus.
- Basic computer literacy and use of computers i.e.; e-mail and word processing
- Knowledge of substance abuse and treatment is desired
Required Credentials: Current license to practice as a RN or LPN in the state of Arkansas, RADD certification *, CPR*, First Aid* & CPI*
*These trainings are provided by the organization*